- 1 pack macaroni, • 1 teaspoon salt, • white pepper to taste.
- 3 beaten eggs.
- 1/4 lb.grated cheese.
- Evaporated milk, • butter / margarine.
- Heat water with the salt in a large pot of water – add macaroni when water boils, cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain with running cold water.
- Grease an oven-proof baking dish.
- Prepare a smooth white sauce by mixing 2 cups evaporated milk, butter and the beaten eggs.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, white pepper, and the grated cheese – to taste.
- Put macaroni into the prepared baking dish, pour white sauce over it and top with more grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until light brown on top.